The Mayo Clinic web site notes that medical abortion is not an option for a woman if you:
- Are too far along in your pregnancy.
- Have an intrauterine device (IUD).
- Have a suspected pregnancy outside of the uterus (ectopic pregnancy).
- Have certain medical conditions.
- Take a blood thinner or certain steroid medications.
- Can’t make follow-up visits to your doctor or don’t have access to emergency care.
- Have an allergy to the medications used.
If you are seeking a medical abortion and have any of the criteria above, you may not be eligible for a medical abortion. If you have concerns about the abortion procedure or what these criteria mean, text us: 443-333-8856.