Slow down! There are several factors to consider before scheduling your abortion procedure.
1. Am I pregnant? Without a reliable pregnancy test, you don’t know if you are pregnant or not! FREE pregnancy testing is available at The Pregnancy Clinic. Call to find out available times.
2. Is my pregnancy viable (alive)? The only way to determine the viability of the pregnancy is through an ultrasound. This non-invasive test is done in our office and is FREE. If your pregnancy is not viable, that could indicate a miscarriage. Up to 30% of early pregnancies may end in miscarriage1. The Pregnancy Clinic offers pre-abortion ultrasounds to determine whether or not a pregnancy is viable or will miscarry naturally. If your pregnancy is not viable, you may be able to avoid the pain and expense of an unnecessary abortion procedure.
3. What happens after I have an abortion procedure? There are both physical and emotional risks and side effects associated with abortion procedures, including:
• Damage to organs, anesthesia complications, and even death2,3,4,5
• Depression, anxiety, guilt, grief, and anger6,7,8,9
Scientific evidence indicates that abortion is more likely to be associated with negative psychological outcomes when compared to miscarriage or carrying an unintended pregnancy to term.10,11,12,13,14
It might feel like abortion is the only answer right this minute, but before you make a decision, get the facts about how an abortion might impact your life, both now and later.
FREE counseling is available at The Pregnancy Clinic. Call or come in to speak with someone who is not connected to your situation financially, prior to scheduling an appointment for an abortion.