1. Are you pregnant? A missed period often causes a woman to think she may be pregnant. However, there can be other reasons for a missed period. Have a test done and get the results confirmed before you make an abortion decision. At the Pregnancy Clinic our tests are laboratory grade urine tests and they are free!
2. How far along is your pregnancy? Knowing how far along you are in the pregnancy is an important aspect of the decision making process. Up to 30% of early pregnancies end in miscarriage, so if your pregnancy is early, some other things should be considered. At the Pregnancy Clinic, many of our clients qualify for a free ultrasound to determine how far along a pregnancy is and if it is viable (alive).1 Find out for free if your pregnancy will even continue before you make an abortion decision.
3. Do you have an STD? If you are planning to have a surgical abortion and have not been checked for STDs since you became pregnant, you should take this important step first. An untreated STD can be aggravated by a surgical abortion, causing damage to your body now and also putting your future reproductive health at risk.2 We test for STDs at the Pregnancy Clinic and testing is free!
Having the answers to these questions is a critical part of your decision making process. At the Pregnancy Clinic we want to provide you with helpful information that will promote good physical and mental health.
Call today for an appointment to meet with a counselor and get the answers to your questions. All services are free.
1. Wilcox AJ, Weinberg CR, O’Connor JF, et al. Incidence of early loss of pregnancy. N Engl J Med. Jul 28 1988;319(4):189-94. Petrozza, John C. “Recurrent Early Pregnancy Loss.” Recurrent Early Pregnancy Loss. Medscape
2. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. National Institutes of Health Medline Plus Web site. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/pelvicinflammatorydisease.html. Accessed July 20, 2013.